User Experience or Interface Architects collaborate with solution creators to create and implement designs, which applicants then put into action exploiting the guidelines, imprinting, and possessions they create. They aim to make third-party services and software accessible and usable for users.
The Microsoft PL-200 exam, formerly recognized as the Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200) exam, is premeditated to assess a candidate’s expertise and capabilities in designing and applying solutions that rationalize company processes, create reports and dashboards, and shape chat programs and computer-generated agents retaining Microsoft Power Platform.
Are you a developer or a framework architect seeking to launch or grow your professional development in Microsoft’s Power Platform space? The Microsoft PL-200 exam is the next step in your career.
If you have the Microsoft PL-200 Exam certification, you can work for organizations such as Apple, Meta, Avantiico, Ernst and Young, Cap Gemini, Dell, Planet Innovations, and others.
Enrolling in a Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200) training course will provide you with the instruments and assets you need to achieve this aim. You do not need any prior knowledge or expertise in coding or software development to apply for this certificate.
If you serve as a business intelligence specialist or solutions designer, you may use Microsoft Power Platform to design successful solutions without requiring development experience. As a developer, you can also profit from this training session. Developing apps and solutions becomes much faster and easier when coding is not necessary everywhere.
What is Microsoft PL-200 Certification?
The Microsoft PL-200 Power Platform Functional Consultant examination is an intermediate-level program that teaches you how to bring value to an organization by automating operations with Power Automate, modifying apps with PowerApps, and organizing and filtering data with Power BI. You will also be responsible for tasks such as:
- Conduct research
- Stakeholders and domain specialists should be included.
- Capture and interpret specifications.
- Configure Microsoft’s Power Platform solutions and tools
- Create app enhancements
- Make your user interface, data conversions, network integrations, and visualizations.
Furthermore, this certification will assess your competence in technical activities such as:
- Microsoft Dataverse Configuration
- Using Microsoft PowerApps to create and customize applications
- Microsoft Power Automate is utilized to develop and manage business processes.
- Creating and deploying chatbots with Microsoft’s Power Digital Agents
If you have already passed the MB-200 test, the Microsoft PL-200 Power Platform Functional Consultant Associate certification exam may appear familiar to you because the principles are comparable. Over time, the Microsoft Power Platform is projected to become the single platform for configuring the most commonly used Dynamics products. The Exam PL 200 certification focuses on the Power Platform features and the Dynamics building elements, such as Data verse.
Benefits of Getting a Microsoft PL-200 Certification
Earning the Microsoft PL-200 certification has the following advantages:
- You have been certified as a Microsoft Power Platform Services consultant.
- You will learn everything you need to know about all the different parts of the Microsoft Power Platform. It empowers you to stay ahead of the competition by identifying business sectors that need these components.
- You gain the abilities and understanding to create technical solutions utilizing Power Platform with Dataverse (formerly Universal Data Service) elements.
- You are familiar with Dataverse environment management and authorization management.
- You have an advantage over all candidates for employment in the field. Microsoft’s Power Platform is a constantly growing technology in the information technology sector today.
- You are qualified to apply for opportunities to develop next-generation solutions with major companies such as Microsoft, Apple, and with Meta.
- You will be able to work alongside global leaders such as Apple, Facebook, and Microsoft to design next-generation products and services for their clients.
- Microsoft has recently announced the PL-200 certification, and you may be one of the initial certified applicants to be an honored citizen of the Microsoft Power Platform group.
What Skills Can You Anticipate from the Microsoft PL-200 Certification?
The Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200) certification program provides many skills and learning outcomes. This qualification will assist you in gaining the ability to:
- Collaborate with solution designers to put designs and standards into action.
- Work with UX designers to put branding and objects in place.
- Develop integrations to ensure third-party applications and services are seamlessly deployed on Microsoft PowerApps.
- Collaborate with the quality assessment team to verify that solutions meet non-functional and functional criteria.
- Assist DevOps in packaging and deploying artifacts by recognizing, creating, and delivering them.
- Assist Microsoft Power Platform managers in becoming hands-on with Power Platform management and maintenance.
Furthermore, the Microsoft Power Platform Operational Consultant credential will teach you how to:
- Configure while employing the Power Platform’s many components.
- In an organization, streamline workflows that simplify business operations.
- Configure, create, deploy, and integrate various solutions and applications using the Power Platform.
- Enhance customer engagement by building and adopting chatbots at critical touchpoints and platforms.
- You may use the Dataverse to improve company efficiency and outcomes by building models and incorporating data.
- AI Builder can be used to create basic AI.
- PowerApps can set up and personalize programs that address real-world problems.
Who Must Take the Microsoft PL-200 Certification Exam?
The nice thing about the Microsoft PL-200 credential exam is that it is available to a wide range of experts and domains. If you work in a leadership function, the PL-200 exam is ideal.
- Functional Advisor
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
- IT Supervisor
- Professionals in Business Intelligence
- Consultant in Business Intelligence
- Agile Programmer
- Engineer in DevOps
- Software Developer
- Architect for Enterprise
- Solution Designer
Average Salary of a Microsoft-Certified Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200)
Businesses that use online computing are increasing the demand for Power Platform specialists with certification. This means these companies are prepared to pay top dollar for professionals with this accreditation on their résumé.
This accreditation will allow you to boost your wage range significantly. As the technological landscape advances and becomes more sophisticated by the day, the requirement for competent and certified experts grows. As a result, you will have the opportunity to improve your qualifications and compensation. Here’s a look at the typical income for a Microsoft Power Platform Functionality consultant:
- USA: $126,000
- UK: GBP 77,000
- Australia: 109,800 AUD
- Singapore: 90,500 SGD
Why You Must Take the Microsoft PL-200 Certification?
The Microsoft PL-200 certification exam grants you access to numerous benefits. To begin, you can:
- As a certified advisor focusing on the Microsoft Power Platform, you can gain recognition and confirm your expertise.
- Investigate the elements of the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Master the skills and technical expertise required to complete mission-critical tasks utilizing Microsoft Power Platform and the Dataverse components.
- Manage rights and control the government of Dataverse ecosystems.
- Stay ahead of the technology curve and differentiate yourself from the competition by employing Power Platform products to better business outcomes.
Microsoft PL-200 Exam Details
The format of the Microsoft PL-200 exam is the most essential aspect of the entire procedure. The exam will consist of 40-60 questions. The Microsoft Exam PL 200 will not include any essay questions. The candidate will have two hours to finish the exam in totality. The exam is available in English. For the test, applicants have to pay a total of USD 165. The passing score for the PL-200 is 700 (on a rating system ranging from 1-1000).
For your better understanding, here is the table for the Microsoft PL-200 Exam:
|Exam Name||Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant|
|No. of Questions||40 to 50|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes (including 30 minutes for feedback)|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Average|
|Exam Passing Score||700 out of 1000|
|Exam Cost||$165 USD|
|Exam Location||Pearson VUE Center or Private Access Code or at office/Home|
|Exam Questions Pattern||Multiple-choice-questions, drag and drop, rearranging, and case studies|
This exam does not necessitate any prior qualifications. Microsoft Power Platform Fundamental topics are highly suggested for the PL-200 exam because they are included in the Microsoft PL-900 exam coursework. To be successful, candidates must have the ability to be conversant with Microsoft Dynamics 365 client engagement apps.
Here are the Microsoft PL-200 exam domains you must follow to pass the exam:
- Configure Microsoft Dataverse – 20-25%
- Develop Applications by Employing Microsoft Power Apps – 15-20%
- Manage and Create Process Automation – 20-25%
- Explain Microsoft Power Digital Agents – 10-15%
- Visualize and Import Important Data from Using Dataflows and Power BI – 10-15%
- Explain an Environment Approach – 10-15%
Configure Microsoft Dataverse – 20-25%
- Take Care of a Data Model
- Make or update norm, action, or simulated tables.
- Configure the control of datasets.
- Then, decide which type of connection to use, including 1: N and N: N design table interactions such as cascade rules.
- Create fresh connections or alter existing ones
- Create new columns or modify existing ones
- Create alternative keys for tables
- Set up the table’s characteristics.
- Configure connectivity roles
- Setup Dataverse
- Set up Dataverse Search
- Set up auditing after that.
- Import, export, or bulk delete data can remove a considerable volume of specified, targeted material.
- After that, configure auditing
- Perform data management tasks, including import, export, and bulk deletion
- Configure duplicate detection settings
- Set Up Security Settings
- Create and maintain business units first
- Create and handle users and organizations after that.
- Column security can be created and managed.
- Configure hierarchy protection
- Configure enterprise teams in Microsoft Azure AD (Azure Directory).
- Control sharing
- Determine security issues
Develop Applications by Employing Microsoft Power Apps – 15-20%
- Develop model-driven applications
- Construct and configure a variety of form kinds
- Make use of specific form components.
- Develop and customize views.
- Decide which reporting alternatives to employ, such as incorporating Microsoft Power BI or a fetch-based report.
- Create site maps and model-based applications.
- Distribute model-driven software.
- Create custom pages
- Create and customize business rules.
- Set up modern, appealing.
- Define canvas app usage cases.
- Determine when to utilize a canvas app.
- Describe the structure of the Canvas app.
- Explain form navigation, formulae, variables, groups, and error management.
- Run power automation flows determined by canvas interface actions.
- Create Microsoft Power Pages
- Set up pages, shapes, and navigation.
- Set up advanced power site features.
- Set up website security, such as web permissions and page access.
- Describe template use cases.
- Include registration choices.
Manage and Create Process Automation – 20-25%
- Construct cloud flows
- First, explain the different types of moves, usage scenarios, flow components, and when to apply a traditional process.
- Describe some of the most common connections, causes, and actions.
- Logic controls such as branches, loops, circumstances, handling errors, and variables should be implemented.
- Use dynamic material and expressions.
- Flows are tested and troubleshooted.
- Design and maintain business process flows.
- Create a business workflow.
- A company’s workflow can be enhanced with stages, processes, and action steps.
- For a business workflow, manage the company process flow table.
- Set up advanced logic.
- Design traditional workflows
- Create a workflow.
- Workflow troubleshooting
- Keep track of workflow logs.
Explain Microsoft Power Digital Agents – 10-15%
- Identify Power Virtual Agent use cases
- Recognize chatbot environments
- Describe chat software capabilities and AI talents
- Determine your security alternatives.
- Recognize the various parts of the Power Virtual Agents
- Topics should be described.
- Entities should be described.
- Determine the use cases for backup topics.
Visualize and Import Important Data from Using Dataflows and Power BI – 10-15%
- Use Power BI on the Microsoft Power Platform
- Include Power BI tiles in model-based and canvas apps.
- Canvas apps may be added to a Power BI display.
- Power BI alerts can be used to trigger Automated Power flows.
- Power BI can be used in Power Pages.
- Design and implement dataflows
- Using Power Query, load information into Dataverse.
- Plan dataflow runs
- Explain Power Fx
Explain an Environment Approach – 10-15%
- Be a part of Application Lifecycle Maintenance (ALM).
- Describe App Analyzer and Service Checker use scenarios.
- Develop and manage solutions
- Explain the distinction between maintained and unmanaged solutions.
- Explain how compatibility with other services works.
- Add applications to Microsoft Teams
- Make Teams channels.
- Determine when to employ an on-premises data gateway.
How to Prepare for the Microsoft PL-200 Exam?
You will do research, demand capture, interact with experts in the field and customers, requirements translation, and installation of Microsoft Power Platform systems and applications for the Microsoft PL-200 test. Furthermore, you will learn to acquire abilities in application updates, customized user interfaces, system integrations, data sales conversions, bespoke automated procedures, and custom infographics. So, let’s delve into the exam specifics to understand the PL-200 exam better!
Step 1: Learn About the Exam Requirements
The Microsoft PL-200 test is designed for people who can use the solution architect’s design and the guidelines, branding, and documents generated by the User Experience Architects. This test teaches you how to build connections that allow independent apps and services to interact effortlessly.
Additionally, substantial engagement with people on the quality control team is essential to ensure that solutions meet functional and non-functional criteria. This will also aid in identifying, developing, and distributing artifacts for packing and installation to DevOps engineers, in addition to providing operational and upkeep training to Microsoft Power Platform admins.
The following abilities were earned with the Microsoft PL-200 exam:
As an applicant for this certification, you will collect requirements before implementing Microsoft Power Platform products with the assistance of stakeholders and subject-matter specialists such as solution designers and testers. You may construct model-driven, canvas, and gateway apps, among other things.
You will create customized user interfaces, system connections, data sales, custom workflow automation, and custom infographics.
A Functional Consultant’s Role:
Use this credential to position yourself as an effective consultant for projects and other activities. That is, Microsoft Functional Consultants are in charge of developing solutions that would typically require the employment of a developer. Furthermore, they should understand how to expand and configure Microsoft applications and services such as Teams, Dynamics 365 Business Edition, Excel, and Word with the Microsoft Power Platform’s components.
Step 2: Learn About the Exam Format
It is critical to have all of the relevant information for any certification exam to gain an immediate understanding of the exam. To put it differently, exam details help you comprehend the exam technique and pattern better. Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200) test, on the other hand, has the following exam details:
To begin, the Microsoft PL-200 test is classified as an associate-level exam. If you pass this test, you can become a Certified Microsoft Power Platform Operational Consultant Associate. Then, a passing score of 700 is required to pass the Microsoft PL-200 practice test.
Finally, the Microsoft PL-200 exam is available in both English and Japanese. In addition, the exam costs $165 USD.
Step 3: Gets Practical Experience
This Microsoft PL-200 course will show you how to find requirements, capture them, engage subject-matter specialists and stakeholders, translate them, and configure Microsoft Power Platform systems and apps. To supplement their learning, you will also use hands-on laboratories to create application updates, tailored user experiences, system interfaces, data changes, custom automated processes, and custom visualizations.
It includes components like Power Apps, Power Automation, Power BI, and Power Digital Agents. This course will also cover these four components, focusing on Microsoft Dataverse, Intelligence Builder, relationships, and portals.
This course necessitates the abilities of a practical consultant. On the other hand, a Microsoft Power Platform Functionality Consultant is in charge of establishing and configuring apps, digitization, and alternatives for the Microsoft Power Platform.
They also serve as a point for communication between users and the execution team. The functional advisor promotes the application of technologies within an organization.
Furthermore, the functional consultant can conduct research, interact with specialists and stakeholders, gather requirements, and map needs to features. Some techniques they implement include application upgrades, customized user experiences, system integrations, data translations, custom automated processes, and simple visualizations.
Step 4: Take Practice Tests
Taking practice exams is essential for improving and leveling up your preparedness. With these exams, you can assess and learn your good and bad points. The most important thing, however, is to purchase the best Microsoft PL-200 practice tests accessible. There are various PL-200 training sites accessible, each with its own set of exam practice exams. However, to receive the best practice examinations, you must conduct research.
Step 5: Take the Actual Exam Practice
Now is the best time for you to take the PL-200 Exam. If you understand the exam curriculum and know more about the Microsoft Power platform, this is the best certification to pursue. You can enroll in the exam by visiting Pearson VUE’s official website and sit for the exam. Make sure to prepare well for the exam.
A Microsoft Power Platform accreditation or Microsoft PL-200 will assist you in growing your firm and increasing your hiring and promotion opportunities. That is to say, the need for employment requiring this certification has skyrocketed. As a result, completing the Microsoft PL-200 exam may provide you with several chances and help you pursue your selected professional path. As a result, it is vital to study extensively to broaden one’s knowledge. You can use various valuable resources, specifics, training, and practice exams to help you pass the exam and become a Microsoft Certified Power Platform Development Associate. Finally, begin thoroughly preparing for the exam. You can also comment down if you have any information about the PL-200 exam.